Wednesday, October 13, 2010

MARGARITA BIRTHDAY

This is a card for a young lady at my husbands work who is turning 21! I remember the days. I hope she enjoys the card almost as much as she enjoys her birthday!

Happy Birthday Megatron!!!


 I first stamped the margarita glass in basic black ink after stamping off one time.  I did not want it to be a dark color.  Then I colored it with the green galore marker until I got the desired effect.  I created the base of the glass to be a little darker than the drink.  Then I took the yoyo yellow marker and went over the green galore only on the drink portion to make the margarita stand out a little. They blended very well together.
After coloring it, I cut it out and added crystal effects on the whole thing except where the salt was to be.  While waiting for it to try, I inked up the lime stamp with yoyo yellow and then used a sponge dauber to go around the edge.  I wanted to cover most of the yellow up, but still leave a desired effect. I also used a little bit of crystal effects on the lime to give it a wet look. Once the Crystal effects was dry, I then put a light coat of glue on the rim of the glass and added the dazzling diamonds on the top of the glass and also along the card side.  For the background, I used a sponge and rubbed the color on to my desire.  I wanted it to be bright, but to blend in with the glass.  Kind of like a margarita sunrise!
For the card itself, I took a piece of 4 1/4 x 11.  I cut it down to 10 1/2 inches.  I measured in 3 1/8 on each side of the card.  Then on the right hand side, I measured from the top left to the bottom right. I cut that piece and folded it in to create a semi tri-fold card.
All supplies used are from stampin up unless otherwise noted.

STAMPS: TART N TANGY, VINTAGE LABELS, MARGARITA GLASS (RUBBERNECKER)
INK: GREEN GALORE, GARDEN GREEN, YOYO YELLOW, BASIC BLACK
PAPER: WHISPER WHITE
MISC: CIRCLE PUNCH, CRYSTAL EFFECTS, DAZZLING DIAMONDS, POP DOTS, MULTI PURPOSE GLUE, FLOWERS (MY STASH)
HAVE A STAMPING GREAT DAY! ROBIN

No comments:

Post a Comment