Friday, August 14, 2009

FISHY FRIENDS N~ CRACKED GLASS

Let's go Jelly Fishing, My friend! Does this look like a jelly fish from Spongebob Squarepants? This is what my kids say...HMMMM! Either way, I cased this wonderful design from Marie aka card shark! I have not done the cracked glass in a while, so it was a nice technique to do again. I like the simplicity of this design, but you could most certainly jazz it up with more embelishments. Hope you enjoy and give this technique a try!

SUPPLIES
STAMPS: fishy friends, canvas (both are retired)
PAPER: whisper white, rich razzleberry, basic black
INK: rich razzleberry
MISC: versa-mark, glassy glaze enamel, mini glue dots, heat gun, blender pen, ribbon (not stampin up' this was from my old stash), sponge


1. stamp the canvas background on whisper white and sponge rich razzleberry around the edges
2. stamp the fish image on another piece of whisper white, sponge around the edges as well
3. take the blender pen and color the head and jelly legs
4. versa-mark up the whole image and pour on the glassy glaze enamel and heat to set
5. repeat the above step 2 more times, once complete put in the freezer and let freeze for about 10-20 minutes...depending on the freezer
6. Once the piece is complete, take out and start to crack away....CRACKED GLASS TECHNIQUE!
7. adhere the canvas page onto a piece of rich razzleberry, then wrap the ribbon around 4 times and tie into a knot
8. put the cracked glass piece onto a piece of rich razzleberry cs, then adhere onto the canvas piece using mini glue dots
9. adhere all pieces onto a basic black cs for the main page
*** HAVE A STAMPING GREAT DAY! ***

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Robin. Adorable card! Now I wish I had those 2 sets so I could CASE you! Great job.

    ReplyDelete